Saturday, July 10, 2010

thoughts

so here we are, July 10th. I have approximately been here two months and the summer is a little more then half over.

here are some things I appreciate about being here:
new place to live
new people to meet
learning a lot about sales
learning a lot about human interaction
discovering new places to eat
exploring new cities
being the religious minority
being kind of on my own
living with my best friend/cousin Kyle
I have a lot of time for: reading, exercising and FB stalking, thinking about my future
I realize more and more how much I love my family
I have grown spiritually
I have grown physically
I enjoy talking to random strangers
I live with some fun chaps
Scottsdale
friends in Mesa
Fashion Square
Yogurtland
I get to help people
things have been put in perspective for me...

here are some things I dont appreciate:
being cursed at daily
being told I am a liar
having people lie to me and act like children
having things thrown/spit at me
having guns pulled on me
having the police called on me
working 8 hours a day for free sometimes
walking around outside for 6 hours when its 114 degrees
wearing the same thing every. single. day.
being away from my family
not being able to go boating
not being able to make my own schedule
not being able to go out on friday nights cause we have to work at 8am on saturdays
missing family vacations
being away from friends I love
no spontaneity or variety
AZ not having Cafe Rio
missing the 4th of July in Centerville AGAIN!
missing Utah summers, cause they are gorgeous
having everything down here look the same: tan, brown, rocks, cookie cutter houses.
again, being away from my family...



"All these things shall give thee experience, and be for thy good..."

D&C 122
 

2 comments:

  1. Brady, there's a Cafe Rio on Baseline & Gilbert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST had someone text me and tell me! Its totally worth the trip down there...

    ReplyDelete