Tuesday, May 24, 2011

hello my name is...

so I am loving work. I love the office, the people in it, the music they play, the people that come with all sorts of stuff they have fabricated for kelly and the hispanic workers that come in to take stuff away. its a bustling place. always something going on.

more and more new faces keep showing up; interns I haven't met yet, employees getting back from vacation, etc. mostly I have been intrigued with the names of people in the office. there's Tilly the intern from Toronto. Rebekah the PR woman. her parents kept it biblical with the 'kah' and I like that. then we have Lunch, and he designs house wares. yes, that is his name. as in the favorite mid day meal time. Lunch. and today I just met Nestle. not like " oh come nestle up next to me", but like Nestle Tollhouse cookies. she's real nice and works in the fashion department.

what fun names my coworkers have.
I think of myself as having a fairly common yet unique name. however the metal fabricator I talked on the phone with today couldnt quite understand what I was saying after telling him my name was Brady, so I pulled out the failproof solution and said, "Brady like the Brady Bunch." which of course he immediately understood. go firgure.

so many people ask me what my name is short for. why? why cant it just be Brady? and how many Brady's do you know whose full name is something else? I dont know any. most people assume my name is Braden and I have chosen to go by Brady. what fools.

anyways, todays work highlight was when I was doing mock ups for fixtures that will house Kellys jewelry and housewares in Bergdorf Goodman and Saks. to my surprise everyone thought I was a wizard of sorts when I assembled rather quickly these foam core boxes held together with t-pins...


little did they knew they were hiring a trained foam core fiend. thank you utah state university for allowing me to effectively create anything anyone could ever want out of foam. priceless knowledge and skill set.

I am excited for these gems to get fabricated next week. and the design is soley mine. (they look way cooler then they do here, this was just for scale)

the table bases are even better.

its fun working on real projects, with real big budgets, for big department stores and famous people.

happy tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Brady!! my long lost friend;) It sounds like things are going great with you! I saw some of your art work today and it was incredible! I need and want some!

    ReplyDelete