Sunday, August 2, 2009

8.1.09 London

Free days are great days. Especially when its the start of a three day weekend. So, the plan for the day was see Mamma Mia and relax. A beautiful plan. So this morning I got up earlier and went to the theatre box office to snag tickets for Ali and I to see it; while Lindsey and Ashley got tickets to Lion King. After coming back and taking a little napski, we headed to the see the matine showing.


Ali and I in our box at Mamma Mia.

Yes, we had a box. A box for four; and who did we share the box with? Two lovely Asian ladies. Just our luck. After watching them take about 45 photos of each other in the exact same pose, we realized that there was no way we would be able to see the stage around them hanging over the edge in excitement. Of course their English was little, but Ali managed to get them to move their seats to one end of the box so we could see; which ended up being great. Going into the show I knew nothing of it other then it was all ABBA songs. With a theatre full of middle aged die hard ABBA fans it was nothing but dancing, intense clapping, sing-a-longs and some more unnecesary, involuntary standing and dancing. Humorous to say the least. I loved the show though and it ended up being a great upbeat, feel good show. It was very different then Billy Elliot which was more serious theatre, and this was just very...musical theatre. Dramatic, cheesy and showy. It was great.


I had a great view from our box, so I snagged a little footage of the encore performance of 'Dancing Queen'.

After the show we stopped quickly at a store called Lillywhites; oh man. Sportsman heaven. We are talking 8 floors of solely sporting goods. And the main reason I loved it cause it was full of Euro sports, mainly soccer and tennis. Then came the Boot Room. A grotto of soccer cleat glory dedicated to the footware of the beautiful game. Walls and walls of illuminated displays of every kind of boot you could want.

This was only a small portion one side of the square room
walled with cleats.

After gazing upon the site and realizing my cleats from highschool and my freshman year at college are in shreads, I knew I needed to come back; and take my sweet time. So homeward bound we went, and then we came upon it. The steezy mageezy...

Hello Lime Lambo

How often do you see Lambo's? Never. But for this man just owning one
was not quite enough. Oh no. Lets make it lime green he said. Then everyone in South
Kensington will know about that bloke that drives the lime green Lambo. I think it makes
it look like a hotwheels car. But hey, any color it dont matter. Its a Lambo.

The rest of the evening was spent lounging, homworking and ended with us having a movie night here at the flat. Brilliant! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment