Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8.3.09 London

Last free day here in London and on our trip! What?! Its weird. Very weird. The time has flown by. For our last free day we wanted to do something fun and unique. Before I came I had heard about this amusement park just outside of London that had some great rides. So we rounded up a posse of us and left at about 9:30 this morning to catch a train ride that took us about 30 minutes outside of downtown London.


I was a little worried this morning because the forecast for the day was rain. All day. Why would that surprise me? Luckily, only a few drops fell throughout the entire day and it ended up being perfect! Although it was a little crowded when we first got there and spent a good majority of our time waiting in lines. Oh, but boy were the waits worth it. Our first ride was the Stealth, and it instantly won a spot in my heart.


After about 45 minutes we were boarding the Stealth, full of excitement. You start out just sitting there, until its starts counting down and when it get to zero-bam! Off you shoot going 0-80 in 2 seconds down the track, up the arch and back down again. The whole ride lasts about 25 seconds; but was totally worth a 45 minute wait. It was SO fun.


Fun enough we did it twice today. Other rides included the Slammer (classic name) Nemesis Inferno (there's nothing to add to that) Colossus (apparently there are many other then Lagoons)

Colossus. Its was none stop spinning and twisting.


Amusement parks are just that. Amusing.


Rumba Rapids (Rattlesnake Rapids made this ride look like inner tubes floating in a tub with a broken pipe squirting. No good) And then there was SAW!

That would be the 100 degree plummet towards the rotating saw blades.

Dazed, disturbed and bewildered after the ride.

So I saw the first SAW movie edited, and it was gross, creepy and intense. I will echo the same for the ride; maybe except the gross part. Nevertheless, it was awesome. Oh, and I shant forget spread eagle sleeper. Before we went on the ride we spotted the chap naking a napski, and we had to capture the moment.

We did the whole, "pretend like your taking a picture of me so you
can zoom in on the man behind me" routine. Works like a gem.

The result...spread eagle sleeper. Poor fella was all tuckered out from
the rides, games and cotton candy.

We then snagged some lunch, went on some more rides then decided to hit up the good ole Teacups. Honestly, I cant remember the last time I had been on them. I quickly realized what I had been missing. I was so happy we documented the experience for your viewing pleasure.



We were at the park for a good six and a half hours and were down right pooped by the end of the day. The rides were hilariously fun, the weather was great, the company was entertaining and overall is was just a great day!

Peace and love.

Cheers!

1 comment: