Monday, May 10, 2010

valley of the sun

Dear Arizona,

     Well, I am quite fond of you thus far. The drive down to you was not as bad as I thought it would be thanks to my amazing sister trippin it with me. Although mapquest said the journey takes 10 1/2 hours, we managed to stop three times and still skim an hour off that time. Thanks to Beyonce, the New Moon soundtrack (which is quite amazing, despite the horrid film) car snacks, two big Dr. Peppers, Cheesy Gordita Crunches and giving power "thumbs down's" to all the bad drivers, we had a fabulous time. However, from Page, AZ to Flagstaff there is nothing more then desolate, Mars like surfaces; with occasional Navajo double wide trailers and jewelry stands.

 This is a picture of mars. (Actual Mars)

 This is a picture of Navajo Nation. (Actual Navajo)

 I will admit I was quite thrilled to enter Navajo Nation Reserve, but sorely disappointed when all that awaited was blinding sand storms and butt ugly landscape. It took great fortitude to press through such ugliness. A few hours later we gave Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows audio book a try and failed. After about fifteen minutes of utter confusion concerning J.K's masterpiece, we realized my iPod was on shuffle. No wonder the story line was so scattered. We corrected that, and enjoyed the first three chapters; which was all I could take while driving and not falling asleep. However, soon after that, we arrived at San Lagos Condominiums. Truly a desert oasis. 3 acre lake, fountains, cabanas, grills, a mammoth swimming pool adorned with sand beach and waterfalls, hot tub, great fitness center, sauna, and big gates out front. Oh, and the pool/hot tub are open 24 hours a day. Excuse me? Sorry Oakridge Student Housing, but your 11pm curfew was not adequate. Take note. So, back to you AZ, more specifically your little bro Glendale. I think your great thus far. Within five minutes of me you have provided a Subway, Rubios, AMC 30 theatre, Macaroni Grill, Jamba, Ross, Walmart, Cheesecake Factory and many others. I think I will like it here.

Job wise, today was a long, very long, but great day. After 8 straight hours of training, roll playing, learning, questioning, training, memorizing, roll playing, more questions and more training, I feel like a sponge that has sopped up too much info. If asked about Blue Sky Pest Control or was to knock a door right now I think I might just verbally vomit out all the information I have soaked up. Or just yell. Reeeeeally loud. Right in their face...

I am taking time to process, and analyze. However I became very excited today about what it is that I am doing, and doing it for such an AMAZING company. Its really nice to sell something that really is a superior product then everything else on the market. Thank you two mission companions from BYU who started Blue Sky Pest Control, your just swell fellas.

Odd tidbit: everyone in Arizona has customized license plates. EVERYONE!

Clearly they have a think for AutoCad...
Thank you Miss Shop n' Go
And "Jersey Girl"

I dont know why this is such a fad here, but it is, and I think more people in Utah should hop on board. Confession: when I was younger and anxiously anticipating getting my drivers license, I would think up every 7 letter combination that could work on my future license plate.
-skibumb
-brdyboy
-luv2ski
-socrboy
-vhssocr
Yes, they all sound like adolescent hotmail account names, but I was young and full of dreams.

So, day one is down. I came home, did my Insanity workout routine, ate a Cocommune bar (deliciousness dietetic-ally crafted to heal stomach aches) my protein shake and am now bloggin. I think I may go for a drive and find more food. And sit in the ach oh tee tee you be. A soakski would be nice in you warm summer evening heat AZ. Thats all for now.

Blessins AZ.

Your faithful sun lovin', pest controlin' Utahn.

Brady


4 comments:

  1. Ummmm... I'm kind of hating you right now. Ok not really, but I'm very jealous. I'm impressed with the time you made it in! But yeah- that Flag to Phoenix... not so fun! Turns out I won't actually be there this month, but probably in August :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lolled so hard at this.
    i miss you brade!
    luv2ski
    HAHAHAHHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must have a dirty app configured to your blogger account. the verification word i just typed in to leave that comment was:
    "mating"
    hahahahhahaha. thought you'd enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I love the desert! I just wish there wasn't such a need for pest control in arizona! Then life would be really good. :)

    ReplyDelete