Saturday, May 15, 2010

Letters from the Route Manager

Dear Tatum Highlands Community,

      I had a wonderful day two days ago in your community talking to the residents and giving inspections and price quotes. However, yesterday that was not the case. At my first home in your community I was politely told by a very nice couple that maybe I shouldnt be there because it is a no soliciting community. However, I told them since I had a license and a permit from the state it was ok for me to be there. However, I was reassured that was wrong according to their HOA. So, I called my manager once I left their house and was told it was fine to be there since there are no gates or signs upon entering. So, on with my knocking I commenced. Three houses later (about 10 minutes...) I came off of a porch and saw you all. The very polite lady from earlier, sternly marching down the middle of the street, followed by a small posse of you all, about 12. At first I will admit, I wished you had all brought torches, pitchforks and were chanting "Kill the Beast"; better yet some pulsating, uniform snapping with occasion leaps, kicks and exclamations like "GET IT!" and "YEAH!". Buh da da da duh, buh da da da da duh uh. So while that would have been nice to experience that type of theatrical mutiny from you all, I had to endure your sad and pathetic efforts to rid me from your community. For the record mean Latino lady, I didnt lie to your face when I was on your porch by telling you I had approval to be there, I did. And accusing me of having no dignity, integrity or honesty isn't a very fair claim for you to make. It was offensive and uncalled for. Sorry you became upset when I put my hand up and told you it was my turn to talk, but it was. I left politely, and moved to a new area. However, there is a thing called "human decency", and you should google the definition, and invest in some large amounts of it for the whole community.

Sincerely,
     Your Route Manager, Brady

PS: When your a jet, your a jet all the way Tatum Highlands Community. Never forget that.


Sincerely Mr. Do-It-Yourself-er whose not really doing-it-yourself,

        Is it more sad that I believed you when you said you handle the pest control yourself, or that you lied and got your foot caught in your mouth? Its a toss up (but I would go with the latter). Next time when someone asks you what you use to handle the pests yourself, A: you shouldnt say, "Whatever my wife buys at homedepot" B: Dont try and make up names for chemicals, I have been trained. And C: When I go off on my explanation of how we use products containing synthetic polyrethroids and spot treating with Dietimacious Earth because it contains a desiccant to cut the exoskeleton of scorpions...dont say, "Yeah me too." Really buddy? Really? Most of all, the pathetic part of the conversation was your embarrassing surrender when you held up your hand and said, "Will you please just leave?" after I began talking about gestation and hatching cycles. Sorry I overwhelmed you with pest control specifics, but I was just assuming you had done your research. Clearly I was very wrong. Good luck with your Home Depot solution. Get 'er done.

Your Route Manager, Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment