Friday, June 10, 2011

new taste buds

working for someone whose designs are not necessarily my personal style has been such a good experience. I was nervous at first for some reason, thinking that maybe I wouldn't enjoy tasks at hand due to my dislike of the design. quite on the contrary. I am gaining new appreciation, and love for many things since designing here in LA for K Dubs.

some appreciations are new.
others just rediscovered.

my number one new love. GOLD

did I used to not like gold cause I thought it was:
dated, at times tacky and not silver or steel?

yes.

do I now think of things I could guild in gold?

yes.

am I leaning towards a gold wedding ring?

yes.

back to this picture of the Tides Hotel in South Beach by K Dubs- what I love...

-the gold striped screen in the back
-the natural branches. wood. wood. wood. she loves wood and so do I! but that wasnt anything new.
-the gold tufted sofa. A: because the whole thing is tufted. B: because its huge. two of me could nap on that bad boy.
-the gold garden stools
-the gold lamp shades.

moving on...


-gold stripped wall again.
-gold covered plant on the left
-tortoise shells. such a rad idea.


welcome to the Viceroy Anguila...

-stone. so much stone. stone everywhere!
-outdoor shower. for two
-wood chair and ottoman.
-private sundeck out of stone. I would nap out there. in the nude. which makes sense cause I would have just been in the shower. made out of stone.
-tub faucet.
-gold garden stool again


-wood ceiling. I LOVE THE CEILING.
-gold trimmed wall. with gold alcoves.
-custom chairs. all custom. most her stuff is custom.


-wood ceiling.
-STONE FREAKIN' WALL
-wood bar.
-giant balls of wood


-WOOD CEILING. LOOK AT THE CEILING!
-back wall. I am obsessed with it. five different kinds of stone. I love it.
-wood chairs and table.


-gold coffee table. rad.
-wood lamp shade. I want. I could make that pretty darn easily. and paint it GOOOOLD.


-stone, stone, stone. love the stone.
-those chairs are a K Dub originally. she uses them everywhere. the croc skin I picked up last week just got thrown on some. and they are gold



the Tides pool cabana. I want it all.

-wood wall. and the burled wood tables.
-again. gold garden stools.
-and that couch.
-alcove chairs. so rad.


her display at Bergdorf. its cool.

-gold table base
-gold spikey ball I love
-gold trimmed alcoves.
-giant gold dice
-wompy wood stools with gold inlay


-that starburst pattern tile, its made of pressed straw, and its AMAZING. K Dubs just did a dining room with this covering the walls. so rad..
-black and creme chevron wood flooring
-gold accessories
-that pen line drawing, I have been doing so many of those, and I love it.

summing this gibberish up....

GOLD, really a fan. 
STONE, my love has been strengthened.
WOOD, always been a fan.

some cheesy something or other said, "Mother Nature is the best architect and designer."

point proven.
I would also add VINTAGE.
my appreciation for vintage finds runs much deeper.
recycle, reuse, repurpose. put it on your bumper.

again, let me say, I am having a ball. to be in this creative city is a blast.

1 comment:

  1. First thought: I LOVE those turtle shells!! oh! how can I get turtle shells on my wall? hum, I would have to put them above my bed, it is the only place. Would they look good there?

    Second thought: Aren't sea turtles in great dancer of becoming extinct it is so cruel that they would do that. Now everybody is going to want to do that! There will be no more protecting sea turtles. . . I hate my life.


    Your blog is very thought provoking. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete