Monday, June 14, 2010

Letters from the Route Manager...

Dear Mary,

      I am sorry that I knocked on your door at a hard time in your life. When I asked you who was taking care of your pest control I was taken off guard when tears welled up in your eyes. Imagining what possible offense that could have been I said sorry and asked if everything was alright. You kindly invited me in and had me sit down, which I appreciated as an escape from the Arizona heat at mid day. I admired your living room filled with photos, treasures from world-wide travels and Oriental decor. Thank you for the glass of water you went and got me out of the kitchen, and for sitting next to me; telling me about your life. I understood better when you told me of the recent passing of your husband after 41 years of marriage; and my heart broke when you explained that he was the one who always handled the pests. Tears again came to your aged eyes. I felt blessed to have been in your home with you and share some of my personal thoughts on the matter. The oriental decor in your home I figured were souvenirs from traveling Asia, but was mistaken when you explained they had a new religious significance for you. I admire that your husbands death encouraged you to seek spiritual strength. I am grateful for the knowledge I have regarding our time on earth and here after, and that we were able to discuss that. My feeling towards what I shared with you regarding our Heavenly Fathers divine plan for our happiness run deep and is undeniable. I hope and pray that you will find some peace and comfort in what I shared with you and through your own spiritual searching. Regardless, I feel blessed to have met you. You have my number if you ever want me to start handling the pests...

Sincerely,
Brady Mathews, your Route Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment