Sunday, June 27, 2010

more food

my blog is basically turning into
a column on
cuisine, cars, design
and 
stuff I want to buy.

todays review: Kona Grill
 Kona was 
referred to us by some friends
who live in Mesa.
Not knowing at all what to expect
Kyle and I gave it a try while
meeting up with some friends doing
their internships down here in 
Scottsdale.

my meal: Macadamia Nut Chicken


 its was served with white cheddar mashed potatoes and
wok-tossed vegetables, served with a shoyu-cream sauce
and a pineapple-papaya marmalade.

the sauce: amazing
the marmalade: amazing
(I asked for more of both)


we now have dined at Kona three times.
the menu is pretty small but 
they also have a full sushi bar that
adds a lot of variety.

heres some other favorites I have had:


Avocado Egg rolls


The Tuna Tower 
from the sushi bar





Oriental Chicken Salad
chicken: amazing
cabbage: amazing

the atmosphere is great there as well.
they have an outdoor bar and dining area
with sushi happy hour deals
the inside: a modern East meets West



also I love their advertising. 
clever and catchy.

theres definately a youthful vibe at Kona
hip music, gorgeous hostess', and trendy servers
upscale, but not ridiculous price
($26 for dinner and dessert)

the chefs, great as well.

meet Zach and Takeshi 

it really is East meets West with these too.
individually they bring 
expertise from two backgrounds
and together have weaved a menu that blends both

deliciously. 

not only are they in the kitchen tossin up woks
but they are always out in the restaurant mingling 
with the patrons. I love that. alot. 
 
I'm a fan for sure.


 

1 comment:

  1. IT'S NOT FAIR! I CHOOSE TO COME DOWN AND DINE WITH YOU AT KONA BEFORE YOU COME HOME - PALEEEEEEESE!

    ReplyDelete