Friday, April 29, 2011

9 months in review [October 2010]

october started out great, with a little trip to Sun Valley (one of the other favorite places
on this earth) for the ASID (Amserican Association of Interior Designers) Intermountain Chapter Conference. I love SV so much, especially in the fall time. They have a student competition there
as well, so I took my Tiny House, which took home a lovely second place prize! Cant wait for
next year.

 Homecoming week was a lot later in the semester this year, which I kinda liked.
its nice when its fall like for Homecoming. The ID departments street painting was bomb.
Lindsey and I owned that hounds tooth.

this year my involvement was a lot more minimal. but with Amabassadors, two jobs and my insane
major that was just fine. I was in charge of the Moonlight and Music concert held in the
Amphitheater. I snagged one of my favorite artists Kaylee Cole who I heard last year in Logan. It was a gorgeous evening, perfect temperature and she was amazing as usual.

 lucky me that I got to be a contestant this year in the Mr. USU pageant,
 instead of planning it like last year. I was Mr. Arts. It was a blast.



 although our team isnt the greatest, I love fall for football. highlight of this season was of course
beating our southern rival BYU. first time in 20 years and it was awesome.



this was for a birthday. not sure whose considering most of my families birthdays are in
october. I will go ahead and say my moms.

 easily the greatest highlight of October and possibly the year was fall break.
kyle and I were invited to go to Oregon with some of our good friends.

 we rented a nice little beach house in Manzanita that easily could have been used in a horror
film, but that made it all more charming and exciting.



 Cannon beach with Haystack rock from Goonies.

 of course we swam. it was freezing and October on the Oregon coast, but we ignored that fact.

 some of the best shrimp I have ever had.

 hug point
 high school and college together and it was our first trip

 way better then Disney Land

 good thing I had a healed colon in time for this

it was a lot

we also found an Avatar at Tillamook. and Kellen loves
cheese curds
I made everyone stop at my favorite donut shop in Portland, Voodoo donuts
so I could get my bacon maple bar. its great.
ambassador cowboys and Indians Halloween party

 ah the HOWL. so much love for this event. this year we had about 12 of us that were a band
of gypsies. with satchels of chocolate gold coins to barter and trade.

bingle, bangle bongle. we had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment