Saturday, April 30, 2011

9 months in review [April 2011]

 April is my birth month. so my friends threw a party.

it was crazy. so fun though. lots of dancing with lots of people.

I spent my actual birthday weekend at home because it was conference; which I love when it lands on conference weekend. The best present I got was the opportunity to sing in the Priesthood choir at the conference center for the Priesthood session. Singing in front of 21,000+ people is an incredible experience. I loved every minute of it. After conference we went to park city for a day of skiing, shopping at the outlets and dinner at Baja Cantina, one of my favorite restaurants in PC. We spent the night up there and I just chilled on my actual bday. Pics are to come.

 some of my close chums took me to dinner on my actual birthday, which was wonderful.

next came the Robins Awards, the Universities largest and most prestigious awards ceremony. I was a chair again this year and in charge of the entertainment, talents nominees and the Emcee. It turned out so amazing. My boss/great friend Lacey won woman of the year!

april also is the month for intramurals. we had a coed outdoor soccer team mostly 
comprised of ambassadors. we were awesome. we had to go straight from one of our 
games to our service project for the semester. the beloved road side clean up. 
this event won a place in my heart after my freshman year when my good friend Katie and I
sang 'Awesome God' over and over to entertain ourselves.

 next was the Ambassador banquet, and I will go ahead and say it was the best one I have been to
in my three years here. one reason was that I was given the Presidents Ambassador of the Year award,
a HUGE surprise and incredible honor. I have loved this group so much this year.

oh true aggie night. my only documented experience of this.
my friend Syd and I have been here at USU since Freshman year when we
lived across from each other. we instantly became best friends and really
reunited this year. she is graduating, and had yet become a true aggie. 
we couldnt let that experience pass her by...

 school wise, this year has definitely been the most difficult. more all nighters then I 
can recall. we had a visiting designer from new york fly out and us juniors
presented our projects to her. we opted to turn the studio into an exhibit space for her.

sometimes we are at the stood way way too late. and I result to eating melted aggie ice cream
like shmeagal. it was delish though

here some of us are with designer Ghislaine Vinas in the middle. look her up, she's funky.

 free Sean Kingston concert on campus? okay.

 just waiting for the chubby niglet to come serenade us

we ended the evening by cleaning a few sinks at Angies. Also a requirement for Syd and Kellen 
since they are graduating.


1 comment:

  1. I miss you and your humor!! looks like you are liven up life! good for you!! I keep waiting for a wedding invite in my mail;)

    ReplyDelete