Tuesday, July 28, 2009

7.26.09 London

Sunday. Our last free day of the weekend, and also our first day for worship so far this trip. That is actually being able to attend church, and boy we have been dying. The spiritual canteen only goes so far without that weekly 3 hour block; which we all have been missing. Luckily there is a YSA ward just around the corner from us, so we were thrilled to attend and it was heavenly.



There are a lot of Americans in the ward, including the bishop, which I wasnt really expecting. Also, there was a member of the Seventy there who spoke a little at the end. His wife is British and from Chelsea and they have lived in London before. It was fun to listen to him speak. All in all, the church is true and we loved being there. It never ceases to amaze me how "at home" I feel at church regardless of where I am in the world. The culture, church, members and language may be different, but the spirit is the same regardless. It was just great.

Displaying BJF's, my BOM and the Bounty bar
we got in Sunday School.


We went home and took the rest of the day easy, catching up on sketching and blogging. The ladies made the BEST dinner ever, which was such a refreshing change from eating out.

Hello Chicken Parmesan, you were tasty

Sunday dinners....there's nothing better. In return I did the dishes, which I didnt mind at all after eating that killer meal. It ended up being a very relaxing, spiritually charging day- exactly what I wanted. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment