Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7.8.09 Florence

Halla for free day! Much needed free day as well. We opted for a healthy sleep in, which was briefly interupted at 10:30 for a quick breakfast before they cleaned it up, then back to sleep till around one. Well tried to sleep, but the ski course wasnt working out so well. Below is a picture of our humble abode.

Enjoy the creepy nude cherubs napping in the flowers

But, although we slept in till one, I feel like we did so much. We headed out for some good ole bartering and deal swinging. Florence has markets that puts Canal street in NYC to shame. We had a mission, a taks, and we accomplished them.

Them market place's be intense!

On the agenda, some soccer apparel, an Italia t-shirt and ties. I consider myself a tie connoisseur and man they were in abundance! Thick, silky Italian made beauties. Before the ties I snagged some killer white ManU shorts, my blue Italia shirt and then three beautiful ties, one a paisley (I am a sucka for paisley) that had matching cuff links. Also a sucka for those.

Ali was no match for the mounds of scarves and ties.
And yes, she is standing all the way up.


After hours of perusing, and not finding reasonably priced handbags for my two fellow female shoppers, Ali remembered a store she went to when they were here four years ago. I have been named Magellan and its up to me to get us where we need to go. Seeing as how I mostly travel around with four girls, is this even a surprise to anyone? So after a little searching we found the store and they found two perfect bags who leather just whispered to them. Again, I have learned the old phrase, "when the woman in your life are happy, your happy" to be very true. With purchase made, I was done with all that and wanted food. The pizza was so good the night before we decided to hit that up again, which didnt dissapoint. We bought some more fruit, and then on the way back to the hotel Ali and I finally pound the canoli we have been searching to eat! It was a few bites of bliss.

Brady and the Tramp.

We then went back t the hotel, did some assigments and typing. Then in usual fashion hit up Grom's for gelato. Yeah. I am obsessed.

Gelato numero 6

I have loved it here but am so excited for Venice, then Paris and London. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment